You should be inside unless you are evacuating to safety or an emergency responder.
As winds pick up we will get downed power lines. Please call them in to the Hudson County Office of Emergency Management (OEM), 201-319-3871. PSE&G is staffing that office 24 x 7 and they will get it into the system. For trees on county roads or parks, report to Hudson County OEM.
Due to high winds, heavy rain and low visibility, residents are prohibited from operating motor vehicles on all Jersey City streets and highways beginning at 2:00pm on Monday 10/29 and continuing until further notice. All public transit is suspended including PATH, light rail, and buses.
Curfew from 6pm Monday 10/29, through 1pm, Tue 10/30 in the following areas:
1) Washington Blvd. east to Hudson River
2) Areas of State Highway 440 West to Hackensack River & Bayonne City Line
3) All pedestrian traffic prohibited in Port Liberte as well as Country Village.
Mandatory Evacuations Effective at 7am on Monday 10/29, in the following locations in Jersey City:
• Residents residing in ground floor/1st floor buildings for all streets EAST of Green Street from Essex Street North to Columbus Drive.
• Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings for all streets EAST of Washington Boulevard from Columbus Drive North to 18th Street.
• Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings in Port Liberte.
• Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings in Society Hill and Country Village.
Follow evacuation orders. LEAVE NOW; do not wait.
• All evacuees with existing medical problems should go to MS#4 on 107 Bright Street downtown due to its proximity to the Jersey City Medical Center.
• Other shelters are PS #7 on 222 Laidlaw Avenue, Dickinson High School on Palisades Avenue, PS #17 at 600 Bergen Avenue, and PS#41 at Wilkinson and Ocean Avenues.
• Those with pets must go to Pershing Field. All cats must be crated. All dogs must be crated or on a leash. Residents need to provide food for them.
EMERGENCY PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
Parking enforcement for all meters and street sweeping is suspended through Wednesday 10/31. Greenville residents who need to move their cars to higher ground should park in the lots at Public Schools 30 & 40 in Greenville. List of municipal parking lots available for parking below.
Transportation to city evacuation shelters will be provided by vehicles from the Department of Recreation & Dept. of Health & Human Services/Senior Affairs. Hourly Pick-ups will commence on 8am on Monday, October 29th, through the duration of the storm at the following locations:
• Society Hill
• OLM/Country Village
• Pavonia PATH Station
• Port Liberte/ Strip Mall on Chapel Ave
• CLOSED (Under water): Newport Center/McDonalds
MUNICIPAL PARKING LOTS:
404 2nd St
Boland Street off Bergen
277 Central Ave
340 Central Ave
352 Central Ave
388 Central Ave
477-79 Central Ave
Fairview Ave & Bergen Ave
Hoboken Ave [Reserved parking along street]
Mongomery St & Orchard St
174 Newark Ave
693 Newark Ave
522 West Side Ave
754 West Side Ave
For emergencies, call 911. For information or for non-emergency aid, call Paul Bellan-Boyer 201.238.5987.
Please be safe and help your neighbors !!!
This is the storm surge probability map. Click on storm surge of 6 feet and look at your area. Right now we are looking at 6-11 feet).
God of heaven and earth, the eyes of all wait upon thee. We seek to be far from the tempest and storm. Yet turbulence and danger swirl around us. Our preparations can only carry us so far. Surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach the faithful, O Lord, our rock and refuge. See us to a place of shelter. Strengthen and sustain us, that even in the midst of the storm, we may stand secure in faith, surrounded by your love, in Jesus Christ. Amen.
Used by permission.